Blood drive visits Santa Barbara

I gave blood today in Amanda's memory...it was fantastic...but a trip, as always. So, I show up and I see this bus...then the assistant who I asked to take pics was apparently trying to flirt with me and sorta went nutty with the camera. :) Then the person taking the blood (see the gal in the pic - she was adamant not to be in the picture) started trading stories about the camera...then was amazed at my veins and, again, as they all do when I give blood told me that I'm a "great bleeder"...fantastic. The good news is it only took 4 minutes to fill up a unit of blood... :) Just another day in wacky California ! :) --Walid Afifi (one of Amanda's professors at Penn State during her graduate program).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

High Five, Walid! As always!

Anonymous said...

...and by "flirting" I mean trying to hide her missing teeth.

:)
walid